Friday, February 27, 2015

Walking The Red Carpet

This big event that has been happening for 87 years now and is going to last a lot longer. For this event a few blocks on Hollywood Boulevard is shut down a week before this event is supposed to happen so that this rundown disgusting road can be transformed into a red path to flashing lights of fame. You are welcomed not only by security guards and metal detectors but also by a giant golden statue of a man. You can not just simply show up to this event you have to be invited and come in a formal attire. This is a well known gathering of many Hollywood stars, to come receive awards based on them doing a great jobs in the performing arts. This is the 87th annual academy award ceremony that took place this last Sunday at the Dolby Theater in downtown Hollywood.


At this years Academy Awards many Oscars were taken home. Surprisingly one film in particular won four Oscars. this film was Birdman it received awards for best picture, best director, Best Writing/Original Screenplay, and Best Achievement in Cinematography. I however did not enjoy this film by Alejandro G. Iñárritu. I thought it was too slow and hard to follow. One film that I did enjoy that also won a few Oscars was Whiplash which won three. The three it received where Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Achievement in Film Editing, and Best Achievement in Sound Mixing. Some other Oscars handed out that night was one for Julianne Moore for best actress, and Eddie Redmayne for best actor.

I was really lucky this because this last week during the set up for the Academy Awards I was down in Hollywood. I got to walk around and see the insanity going on down there. I got to see the transformation of an ordinary street into the great sight it was on Sunday afternoon. Although I would of like to be attending it instead of walking around looking at the setup it was still a great sight to see.  

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be really interesting to see Hollywood right before the Oscars. I work at Spotlight Video and a lot of people were not too impressed with the film Birdman, but it was one of those films that either you love it or you hate it there is really no in-between. Although I really enjoyed the film Whiplash! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete