Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Take on "Gone Girl" During Oscar Season

             Gone Girl (2014) Poster

This is a story about a mans crazy life and crazy wife. On the morning of his anniversary Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) is sitting in his bar when he gets a phone call from his neighbor saying his front door is open. when he gets home to see why the door is open he notices his house is a disaster and his wife Amy Donne (Rosamund Pike) is missing. The next day Nick and his in-laws set up a search party to find the missing Amy. The police start to think that nick is the killer when something unexpected happens.

Some aspects of the film that i enjoyed is the plot and the acting. The plot in this film was pretty good but i think that they could of  made it better. They could of added more detail to make the film more in depth, and also could have stretched it out. Everything in the film happened extremely fast. The acting was also really good. Its was so good that Rosamund Pike got nominated for an Oscar for best performance by an actress in a leading role. The other actors and actresses also did a fantastic job in this film.
 
This story was a novel by Gillian Flynn before it was made into a film by David Fincher. The book and the movie both have the same story line but also have some differences. In the movie they left out a lot of details from the book. In my opinion I think that they should of put more of the details in the movie and made it a little better.

Overall this was a great movie and it also was a great book. This movie had great acting and plot. I think if you haven't seen this or read the book you should go check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I heard this movie was awesome but reading your review gave me more of an idea and mindset for it. Before I watch a movie I tend to scroll through tons of reviews so this one was simple but got to the point! I haven't read the book but I mean come on...I hate reading. Still going to watch it though!

    ReplyDelete